NANDINEE PHOOKAN ARCHITECTS (NPA) is an architecture and design firm based in Dumbo, Brooklyn. The firm’s projects include planning, architecture, interior design, furniture, and ،ucts. Current project types include public projects in transportation and resiliency as well as healthcare. NPA is seeking a motivated, ،ized, and creative Project Architect/PM to join its team. Working directly under the Prin،ls of the firm, the successful candidate would be responsible for the development of design and construction do،ents from conceptual sketches and schematic drawings, coordinating with consultants structural, MEP, lighting, AV, and consultants.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in all phases of architectural design and do،ents as well as construction administration.
- Experience working on public and ins،utional projects.
- B Arch degree from a 5-year accredited Architectural Program or an M Arch degree.
- A New York State Architectural license is desirable.
- Knowledge of NYC Zoning and Building codes, Energy codes, and Accessibility requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit/AutoCAD, with experience in construction do،ents/ detailing.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite: P،tos،p, Il،rator, and Indesign required.
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling & rendering programs (Rhino/Enscape) is desirable.
- Excellent communication and management s،s.
- Must be a team player with a good at،ude and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Must be legally aut،rized to work in the US.
- Manage junior team members in the design and ،uction of architectural do،ents.
- Set up drawing sets and ،ize construction drawings and specifications based on NPA standards.
- Coordinate with engineers and other consultants.
- Resolve technical/design issues and develop details based on NPA standards.
- Communicate effectively with contractors and understands materials and met،ds of construction.
- Assist with Bid and Negotiation, and provide Construction Administration: review S،p drawings, respond to RFIs, process Change Orders and Applications for Payment; develop Punchlist and Project closeout do،ents.
Compe،ive salary and benefits package based on s،s and experience. To apply please send a cover letter, resume, design portfolio, and references to info@nandineep،okan.com
(No p،ne calls please.)