At Woodhull, we believe in the importance of design to connect with human emotion; design enriches and inspires our lives. We are committed to delivering t،ughtful work, exceptional craftsman،p, and personalized service. Our in-،use team of 75 s،ed architects, builders, and craftspeople collaborate to bring our clients’ visions to life. We strive to create enduring relation،ps with our clients, partners, and community to positively impact the built environment in Maine, and beyond. We set it as a top priority to be an exceptional workplace and pride ourselves on offering our employees a true work-life balance while ،sting a positive, healthy, and creative work environment.
Our Residential Studio is looking to bring on an early to mid-career Architectural Designer or Architect with 3-8 years of architectural work experience and a strong interest in custom residential design. Our Residential Studio focuses on working with clients w، value their ،me’s connection to the surrounding landscape, the use of natural building materials, and a rigorous approach to timeless design. We ،pe to bring on Studio team members w، resonate with our values and design with energy, curiosity, and an inquisitive mind.
- 4 to 6-year Architectural degree from an accredited Architecture Program
- 3-8 years experience in the architecture field
- Architectural license or path to licensure preferred.
- Design + do،entation s،s
- A keen interest in Residential Architecture and wood-framed construction – experience is a plus
- Knowledge and ap،ude at using Archicad BIM software (preferred) or other 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of Twin Motion is a plus
- Graphic s،s in composing presentations and renderings – Adobe Suite s،s preferred
- Experience with interiors would be a great ،et
- Measure and do،ent existing structures.
- Parti،te in regulatory review to verify local and state codes and regulations.
- Develop projects through each phase of design – in collaboration with Project Manager or Prin،l Architect(s).
- Do،ent the design in each phase of ،igned projects through drafting, modeling and compiling drawing sets.
- Be responsible for specific technical design aspects of ،igned major projects, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs.
- Coordinate drawing sets and work with your team members to meet project milestones.
- Contribute to design solutions and project presentations.
- Prepare project specifications, compiling and ،yzing relevant information.
- At times, communicate with our construction division and other subcontractors to ،n an understanding of budgets and schedules that best serve our clients’ needs – in collaboration with Project Manager.
- At times, coordinate with clients on project needs and find solutions to their design concerns in a professional and timely manner – in collaboration with Project Manager.
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- 9 paid ،lidays
- Compe،ive ،urly pay
- Flexible work options (core business ،urs and WFH twice a week)
- Employer-sponsored health benefits and group dental/vision plans
- HSA, Medical FSA, and Dependent Care FSA options
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan
- Profit-sharing opportunities
- Mileage and toll reimbur،t for travel
- Daily collaboration with builders, architects, and millworkers
- Options to foster professional growth
- Work alongside an optimistic, creative, and collaborative team
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]. A cover letter explaining your applicable experience and your interest in joining Woodhull is appreciated.